Sat, Oct 08|
NUI Cars & Coffee Show & Fall Color Drive
For the past 59 years, Northwood University has hosted the nation’s largest, outdoor exhibition for aftermarket companies and automotive brands. Join us for the Cars & Coffe and Dinner on Saturday and then a Fall Color Drive on Sunday.
Time & Location
Oct 08, 2022, 12:00 PM – Oct 09, 2022, 5:00 PM
Northwood University, 4000 Whiting Dr, Midland, MI 48640, USA
About The Event
September 9th, Holiday Inn Midland room block expires
September 26th, register your car for the Cars & Coffee event
September 26th, register on the JAGM website
This event can be a one-day event for those who only want to participate in the Cars & Coffe, or it can be a two or three-day event for those who want to get together Friday evening and/or participate in the Sunday, Fall Color Drive around the scenic east coast of Lake Huron to Port Huron.
Northwood University is again hosting a Cars & Cofee event at their annual International Car Show Saturday, October 8th, from noon to 4 PM. Following the Cars and Coffee, JAGM is hosting a Whiting Forest Canopy Walk (Dow Gardens) followed by dinner at the Villa d’Allessandro's Italian Restaurant. Prior to the Cars and Coffee, a JAGM member is hosting an informal get-together in Bay City at the home of Bill and Kay Jordan. Light snacks and drinks will be provided, but you can BYOB if desired.
All cars must be registered for the Cars & Coffee event. There is no direct entry fee, but donations to the University are anticipated during the process. To register use the link below.
We have a block of rooms (2 queen beds) for Friday and Saturday nights at the Hilton Inn Midway, at a discounted price of $121 plus tax. To secure your room call the front desk at 989-794-8500 and tell them that you are with the Jaguar Club. Please indicate which nights you want. You must secure your room by September 9th to get the discount.
Friday afternoon Bill and Kay Jordan opened this house to us for an informal get-together. They will have light snacks and drinks, but you can BYOB if you desire.
Sunday morning we will have breakfast at Antonio's Restaurant. From there we will depart on a Fall Color Drive heading towards Bay City and continuing on around the eastern coastline of Lake Huron towards Port Huron.
We will stop for lunch at The Bank 1884 Food & Spirits in Port Austin. Following lunch, we will continue on to Port Huron. We will depart for home independently from there.
Daily Itinerary Summary
Friday, October 7th
- 3:00 - 4:30 PM Arrive at the Holiday Inn Midland, 810 Cinema Blvd., Midland
- 5:00 - 6:30 PM Dinner nearby or at the hotel
- 6:30 - 7:00 PM Drive to the home of members Bill and Kay Jordan, in Bay City
- 9:00 - 9:30 PM Drive back to the Holiday Inn Midland
Saturday, October 8th
- 8:30 AM For those in Midland already, breakfast at Antonios, 1716 W Wackerly Dr.
- 11:30 AM Meet at the Taco Bell, 2038 N Saginaw Rd., Midland. We will travel together to the Cars & Coffee. Route instructions will be handed out there.
- 12:00 - 3:30 PM - Cars & Coffee
- 3:45 PM - 5:45 PM Whiting Forest Canopy Walk, Dow Gardens
- 6:00 - 8:00 PM - Villa d’Allessandro’s, 801 E Wackerly Rd.
- 8:15 PM - Check in at the Holiday Inn Midland, 810 Cinema Blvd., if necessary
Sunday, October 9th
- 8:00 - 9:15 AM - Breakfast at Antonio’s, 1716 W Wackerly Rd.
- 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Drive scenic roads from Midland - Port Austin
- 12:15 - 1:45 PM - The Bank 1884 Food & Spirits, 8646 Lake Street, Port Austin
- 2:00 - 4:00 PM - Drive the scenic route toward Port Huron, ending at Walmart Super Center, 4845 24th Ave., Fort Gratiot Township
- 4:00 PM - Head home independently from there.
List of Addresses
- Holiday Inn Midland, 810 Cinema Blvd, Midland
- Bill and Kay Jordan, 2940 Pepper Berry Dr., Bay City
- Taco Bell, 2038 N Saginaw Rd., Midland
- Antonio's Restaurant, 1716 W Wackerly Dr., Midland
- Villa d'Allessandro's Restaurant, 801 E Wackerly Rd,, Midland
- The Bank 1884 Food & Spirits, 8646 Lake St., Port Austin
Organizers: Phil Crutchfield, Gary Hillebrand, Tom Hudak