Time & Location
About The Event
The original picnic plan was canceled because of a lack of restrooms, but JAGM members Adam Gucfa and Bob Klemmer have come to the rescue with ideas that gave us a new and improved picnic plan!! Still Saturday, June 13, but in a new location (with the necessary facilities) and, even more importantly, there will be ICE CREAM!
Here are the details:
When? Saturday, June 13 from 11 AM - 3 PM when the Ice Cream outing begins.
Where? Depot Park, 375 Depot Rd, Village of Clarkston, MI 48346
Cook’s Farm Dairy, 2950 E Seymour Lake Rd, Ortonville, MI 48462
What to bring:
- Your own food and beverages, plates, cups; whatever you’ll need
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the park
- Grilling is also not allowed in the park
- Chairs and folding table, if you have something easily portable (the park has a dozen or so picnic tables, but they have them spread around and we may not be able to move them into a convenient location for our group.
- A portable canopy or umbrella if you like (for shade, of course)
- Jaguar(s), of course. I believe we’ll have enough free parking near where we’ll picnic, but if the park is unusually crowded for some reason there is overflow parking available across the street for a $5 fee.
- Games, outdoor activities
Schedule - and I use this term loosely - we’ll arrive around 11 AM, get organized in an area, and eat. Then we’ll have time to sit and chat, kick tires, wander the park or take a short walk into the village, play a game… whatever you like. Around 3 PM, or whenever the general consensus supports it, we’ll hop in our cars and drive to Cook’s Farm Dairy for some of their fresh, homemade ice cream (24 flavors). It’s about a 15-minute drive.
Register on the JAGM website, just so we have an idea of how large the group will be.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Questions or suggestions, contact Gary and Ellie (firstname.lastname@example.org)