Ye Ole Carriage Shop, Star of Saugatuck, Dune Rides and more
Time & Location
About The Event
Join us for a two-day, fun-filled, back-roads drive to Saugatuck, on Saturday, July 18th. For those who want to caravan, please be at the McDonald’s restaurant at 11033 Whitmore Lake Road, Whitmore Lake, MI (intersection of US-23 and 9 Mile Road) no later than 9:00 AM or earlier if you want breakfast or coffee. For those who would rather meet up with us in route, you can join us at either 11:00 AM at Ye Ole Carriage Shop, located at 3538 Henderson, Spring Arbor, or at 1:00 PM at Schuler’s Restaurant and Pub, located at 115 S Eagle St., in Marshall. For those located on the west side of the state, you may prefer to join us at 6:00 PM at Coral Gables, located at 220 Water St. in Saugatuck. We plan to park at the Chemical Bank lot located at 249 Mason St., $5 per car, with proceeds going to the Saugatuck/Douglas schools. We will be taking the sunset cruise aboard the Star of Saugatuck, 716 Water St., at 8:15 PM.
We will be staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites, located at 622 W. Allegan St., Plainwell, MI. We have 10 rooms held under the “Jaguar Affiliate Group of Michigan”. Please call 269-685-9891, to secure your room no later than July 6, 2020. The cost per room is $121.99, plus applicable taxes.
On Sunday, we will drive to breakfast at Minnie Sophrona’s Restaurant & Bake Shop in Allegan. After breakfast, we will continue on to the Saugatuck Dune Rides, located at 6496 Blue Star Hwy., Saugatuck, and experience a 40-minute ride over the ever-changing sand dunes. After the dune rides, we plan to have lunch at Brewster's Smokehouse, located at 1420 M-89, Otsego, MI. After lunch, we will drive home independently.
Please RSVP by July 9, 2020. You can register either on our website’s event page, or by emailing email@example.com, or by texting or calling 734-347-8747. Please include:
- Total number in your group
- Where you will join us
- If you plan on dinner Saturday PM
- If you plan on taking the Star of Saugatuck boat ride Saturday PM
- If you plan on taking the Dune Buggy Ride on Sunday
- Your cell phone number
- Ye Ole Carriage Shop - $8 per person, payable in one lump sum for the entire group. Please bring exact cash for your ticket cost.
- Schuler’s Restaurant & Pub - All groups must order from a limited lunch menu of three choices. We will be in their Heritage East private room. There is an additional charge of $100 for the private room, which has been prepaid. This cost will be split between all participants. We will firm up this cost and communicate it all who have registered as soon as the final headcount for Schuler’s is known.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - We have a block of 10 rooms, 5 king rooms, and 5 double-queen rooms, on hold until July 6, 2020. The room cost is $121.99, plus taxes.
- Coral Gables, we have a private room ($50 room fee) and will have a limited menu of five items @ $17 per person, plus the prorated private room fee.
- Star of Saugatuck - The cost of the sunset cruise is $50 per person.
- Saugatuck Dune Rides - The cost of the dune ride is $22 per person. A signed waiver is required. The wavier form will be available on the drive the day of the event.
See the video of Dune Rides here.
See the video of Ye Ole Carriage Shope here.
See the video of the Star of Saugatuck boat ride here.
Organizer: Phil Crutchfield